Monday, October 10, 2011

31 Days of Horror: Black Swan




Black Swan.  I initially wasn’t planning on allowing this to be one of the 31 days of horror, however, after I started watching it I realized that this has all of the classic traits of a horror film.  It’s got it all; mystery, suspense, disturbing images, and a girl turning into a swan.  Not to mention guys in tights.  Wasn’t it weird when Natalie Portman’s legs turn into bird legs?  That’s when I knew this movie was a horror movie.  I like how this movie answers the thousand-year-old question.  What do you have to do to take your ballet skills to the next level? You have to lose yourself and go completely crazy.  Seriously, nothing can make any sense.  It makes me wonder if I can take whatever I do to the next level if I lose my mind.  Maybe some day we will all find out.  This movie also proves once and for that no matter what you do backstage, ballet is still going to be just awful. Although the ballet was boring, the movie was actually quite interesting. I give this move a 7.9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment