Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days of Horror: The Thing




The Thing.  The movie where Kurt Russell looks macho.  How about that one alien who can take over an entire human race?  That is pretty unbelievable.  But what is more unbelievable is Dr. Blair’s computer that predicted that an alien could take over the entire world population in 27,000 hours.  It’s hard to believe that they had anything back then that our app store doesn’t have now. I’m not claiming that Kurt Russell couldn’t have predicted that, but no computer would have had the balls to say something like that.  But I digress.  Do you remember when that guys stomach turned into a big mouth and then bit the Doc’s arms off?  And then that guys head turned into a giant head spider that almost sneaks out unnoticed.  Those are the types of things that make John Carpenter stand out.  Only a guy who really knew what good cinema was would think of making a guys stomach turn into a mouth that then bites off a guys arms.  I don’t exactly know what The Thing was, but I know that it was one crazy monster that could bite your arms off.   I think the scariest part of this show is the unknown.  The only thing we know about The Thing is it can replicate any living thing and it can bite your arms off.  I think I would rather have it bite my head off then my arms.  If I didn’t have any arms I would just die. But again, I digress.  This movie kept me on the edge of my seat.  It makes you think.  Because it was so much fun to watch, I give The Thing a rating of 7.6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment