Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Follow Your Dreams


So its come to this.  Another year past, a new one begins.  When I look back and analyze what I have accomplished this past year, it’s bleak.  I ask myself if I am any further along in accomplishing my goals. I am not.  I decided that this year will be different. But instead of boring you all with my own story, I have decided to throw out a few pointers on how to make your path a little easier.  I don’t believe that any of us are completely content with where we are in life so I gathered some thoughts that might help everyone.

1.              Don’t Get Too Comfortable.
·      Sometimes in life we all find a place that we are comfortable with.  I say move along.  Did Voldemort sit back and say he was ok with only being the second strongest wizard in the world? No! He went out there and had someone kill Dumbledore for him. Did Rocky sit back and live life merely as a beloved boxing legend after he was defeated by Clubber? No! He wanted to but Apollo wouldn’t let him.  And he was better for it.  We all know what we want, and we all need to get out there and earn it.
2.              Find a New Hobby.
·      At some point in our lives, we have found something that we love to do.  For me it is watching baseball on TV while I am taking a nap.  Perhaps for you, it is judging people who ride public transportation, or maybe its gun shopping. While that is all good and fine, we need to get out there and find something new.  When you start a new chapter in life you may find something that can catapult you within inches of achieving your goal.  Whether it be through new people you meet, or something as simple as a new experience that reignites a flame that once burned deep in your soul.
3.              Never GiveUp.
·      After about a day of pursuing my dream, I feel like I have done a lot and deserve a break.  I wake up the next morning with the intentions of building on what I had done the day before, but when the alarm goes off I decide that I deserve a year off.  When in all reality, I have done nothing, but I take the year off anyway.  You don’t deserve a break until you have gained something.  One step isn’t enough; it’s a start.  Lots of people start something worth starting and never finish.  So don’t stop until you finish.  Even if it seems impossible.  I never thought I would be able to read or write, but here I am.
4.              Don’t Have a Stupid Dream.
·      Lastly, and most importantly, don’t have a stupid dream.  Don’t have a dream of getting an OK job to support a family that you might have one day.  When you were a kid you didn’t want to be manager of a Starbucks.  You wanted to be an astronaut, or a garbage man. Don’t get me wrong, being the manager of Starbucks is great, we all need some money to pursue our dreams.  But don’t ever be content with what you have.  There is always going to be something better out there.  Even if it is writing a blog after work, or breeding and selling dogs on the weekends. Whatever you want to do. 

So my point wasn’t to discourage people who have steady jobs, but to dig up a dream you once had and light a fire under your butts.  What you have isn’t bad, but it could be better.

Sincerely

Rage

No comments:

Post a Comment