Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Horror Movie 2012: The Tooth Fairy






As October approached this year, I put a lot of thought into what movies I was going to watch for the 31 days of horror.  That’s not true I didn’t even think about it until the 1st.  That is why I started the month off with such a stinker.  The Tooth Fairy is the movie I chose to watch first.  And much like the presidential debate, I didn’t care for it.  I know what you’re thinking, “But The Rock would never agree to be in a bad movie.” But it isn’t that tooth fairy.  It’s a much more horrifying and poorly made tooth fairy. It made me wonder what happened to all the great child actors of the 80’s and 90’s.  What happened to the Kevin McAllister’s, the Cory Matthews’, the Joshes from Heavyweights?  The young girl in this movie was almost as bad an actor as the rest of the cast.  I keep wondering where these people get their money to make a movie, obviously they didn’t spend much on the actors.  The movie in and of itself… Well it was bad too. The only good scene in the movie happens when a farm hand fixes a wood chipper that has been out of commission for years.  As you might have expected, he get knocked out, tied to a board, and pushed through.  This poor man had to die a really cool death just because some snot nosed little brat lost her last tooth.  Several other people died in the process, but none of them went out quite as memorably as the farm hand.  In the end, I was really disappointed in myself for not putting more thought into this.  One word of advice before I go, if you want to choose a horror movie from home, use netflix, not hulu plus.  Hulu plus has its perks, but when it comes to horror movies, netflix takes the cake.  My rating for this movie is 9 out of 100 stars.  And I rounded the 9 up.

No comments:

Post a Comment